"Use parent directory as album name" should not be enabled by default, and needs undo
|Reported by:||mats.ahlgren@…||Owned by:||bflorat|
|Priority:||3, low||Milestone:||To Be Decided by Jajuk Team|
The option "Use parent directory as album name" should not be enabled by default, also needs either an undo or a prominent warning.
Reasoning: it is now impossible to search one's collection for songs one forgot to tag by album. Moreover, turning off the option does not "uncorrupt" the database. It is also impossible to tell from just the database if an album is actually tag-backed or logically-backed from the directory. This may be architecturally unsound.
Moreover, it might be the case that saving a song's Properties while this option is enabled might write an album name that wasn't intended to be written -- but I'm not sure.
One solution may be to mark albums in the database as "tag-backed" or "logically-backed", and when saving tags to never save "logically-backed" tags or if it *would* be the same as the folder name.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by bflorat
- Component changed from (Jajuk Members) Any (Default Component) to (Java Developer) Core
- Milestone changed from To Be Qualified by Jajuk Team to 1.10 "Gute Laune"
- Owner set to bflorat
- Priority changed from 1, lowest to 3, low
- Version set to 1.9RC3
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by bflorat
- Milestone changed from 1.10 "Gute Laune" to To Be Decided by Jajuk Team
- Type changed from Discussion to Task