Ticket #1617 (closed Task: duplicate)
Various issues with Song Rating system
|Reported by:||mats.ahlgren@…||Owned by:|
|Priority:||5, normal||Milestone:||To Be Decided by Jajuk Team|
Description (last modified by bflorat) (diff)
There are various issues with the current Song Rating system, and there were too many to put in separate tickets. I am filing this under a single ticket of type="discussion".
- there is a very large amount of discreteness between 3stars and 4stars; sometimes, adjusting the happyface-rating of a song causes the song to increase or decrease by 2 or more stars
- I do not ever use an unhappyface below the "neutral" rating because I would just ban the track
- Pardon/GreenCheckmark? doesn't seem to have any useful function
- Almost all music in my collection is rating 3-4 stars; this tells me almost nothing. I'd much prefer if my music was rated 1-4 stars (1=okay, 2=great, 3=amazing, 4=very amazing) and unliked tracks were simply Banned.
- it is impossible to "fix" an accidentally-skipped song
- users should have the option of saying "Do not automatically try to guess my preferences, but always use the rating I tell you:"
- no preference, or worse -> 1star
- like -> 2star
- like a lot -> 3star
- love -> 4star
- there is no way to skip a song early without affecting its rating -- thus is relevant if, say, a song is not playing properly (e.g. if everyone other song is playing silently due to a bug), or perhaps if one is simply if someone requested a different song