Ticket #1121 (new Feature)
[Playlist, FIFO, queue view]: making Jajuk userfriendly, welcome back the "playlist editor"
|Reported by:||fsck222||Owned by:|
|Priority:||3, low||Milestone:||To Be Decided by Jajuk Team|
First: start to scream, then: relax and read the following ;)
I believe the main raison why Jajuk is not user friendly is because Jajuk is not doing trivial thing as other player do (e.g.: The FIFO, queue view, once the songs is played it is removed). I believe it is a major drawback because it scares new users. I believe Jajuk must be very simple at the first install/use and then confident users can start customizing and play with advance functions.
I believe we must have a view offering 100% of the "playlist editor" of either XMMS, Winamp, or Audacious (actually their quite similar). To make it clearer in the future, I will just talk/compare with audacious.
To recap, in 1.6 we have "Queue view", "playlist view". I propose to:
- hide the queue view, we don't show it by default, we just keep it available in the view menu for now
- we split the "playlist view" in two views:
- "playlist file" that will contain the current top table and icons of the "playlist view". New columns could be added such as the number of songs in the playlist, the time of the full playlist.
- "playlist editor" that will contain the current bottom table and icons of the "playlist view" with a few enhancements _inspired_ from audacious that must be available thought click click menu (or new buttons):
- right click menu: Property, remove selected, remove unselected, remove all, Queue Toggle #
- FILE +: Add internet address #, Add files #
- FILE -: Remove all, clear queue, remove unselected, remove selected
- SEL ALL: Inverse selection, select none, select all #1088
- MISC OPT.: Reverse list, randomize list #, Sort list by $COLUMN_FIELD #, sort selected by $COLUMN_FIELD #
- LOAD LIST: New Playlist, Delete playlist, Select next playlist, Select previous playlist, Load list, save list, save as default list
- the "playlist editor" will be automatically push synchronized to the queue (hence if we sort the playlist, the queue view will be sorted)
#: indicates tickets asking this features/tasks, but can't remember which one for now, will try to find them later.